Sunday, April 5, 2015

B agressive, B B agressive

Having some epitomes recently about self-representation.. I grew up acting and was often warned not to tell other actors or anyone on set what to do, you worry about your job and basically do whatever you're told to fulfill the vision for the play or project or whatever. You don't put your two cents in, you're there as a component of a larger vision that ultimately is not yours. Because of this, I've subconsciously maintained that mindset frequently when I participate in other people's projects - if I don't like my makeup or the music or the set up I just suck it up and do it because hey, this isn't my project, I'm just in it. Which seems logical and respectful and all, but ultimately in most-and not all- of the situations I'm in, it's unnecessary. I have good taste. People like and welcome my opinion so why so often do I feel pressured to withhold it? Who does that serve? I remember when I first started hanging out with one of my friends, Jessi, I went on a shoot with her and she went into the bathroom after they did her makeup and basically completely redid it herself... I was shocked- but looked a lot better. She didn't change the look, she just matched it to her skin tone better and improved shading on her eyes and such. No one was upset about it or even noticed, she felt loads better, and the photos looked great. This week I shot my friend Luna for NIN3 and after I edited the photos I sent them to her and she told me about some parts that I should fix, and I did, and they looked way better after that. I've never done that when someone shoots me, if I don't like the photos I kind of just put them out of my head and don't post them anywhere. Now I'm realizing, hey... I can do that too and it can be a win for everyone. I'm also trying to be even more selective with the projects I participate in. I need to take control of my image and all the creative aspects of my life - wether it's my project or not, if someone decided to include me, they probably want me to bring my whole self :K

xxxxxxxxx
9

No comments:

Post a Comment